Significantly good! Australia's free parent immigration policy restarted (with application conditions)
This morning, news from the Migration Institute of Australia announced on June 6 this year that the cancellation of the non-paying parent immigration policy will be reopened. Those friends who have not submitted their parental reunion immigrant visa applications before the deadline can now start to re-submit their applications for their parents. However, according to the latest policy, the waiting time for matched immigrants will be extended to 2 years.
Specific applications must be submitted in paper form, and it is expected that applications can be re-accepted within 24-48 hours!
The Australian Federal Government officially announced the cancellation of all family reunion visas except for spouses, children and non-paying parents. After the announcement of this policy, many Chinese immigrants submitted applications for free parental reunion immigrant visas before the deadline in order to catch up with the "last train," but many people did not come and submit them.
Those who have not submitted a free parental immigrant visa if they want their parents to come to Australia to enjoy their old age after retirement, then he must pay up to 5 Australian dollars for their parents. However, the federal government’s plan was advertised by many as a means of collecting money, and many immigrants expressed dissatisfaction with it.
Attachment: Basic conditions and regulations of parent immigrant visa
1. This visa requires the applicant's children in Australia or other qualified guarantors to sponsor. The children must reside legally in Australia for a period of time, usually 2 years. In special circumstances, a shorter period may also be considered. If the child is under the age of 18, the guarantee may also be provided by the following persons: the adult spouse of the child, or the relative or guardian of the child, or the relative or guardian of the spouse of the child, or a community organization.
The guarantor must provide a written commitment to provide support, accommodation and financial assistance for the applicant, the applicant’s spouse and dependent family members for the first 2 years of residence in Australia.
2. Parents' immigrant visa applications need to meet the "family member balance test" standard: applicants have at least half of their children living in Australia for a long time or more children living in Australia than in other countries.
The children involved in the family balance test include: children of both parents, including children of either parent in a previous marriage or cohabitation relationship, including step-child relationships and adopted children, regardless of whether they are independent or dependent, single, or existing Marriage, cohabitation, divorce, missing or unverifiable whereabouts.
3. The financial guarantor (which can be a guarantor or other person) provides financial assistance to the applicant, the applicant’s spouse and dependent family members so that they do not need to rely on the government in any form in the next 10 years. Reimburse any social insurance payments received on behalf of the applicant, the applicant's spouse or dependent family members during the next 10 years of their residence in Australia. At present, the two persons are guaranteed a total of 14000 Australian dollars, and the guarantee period is 10 years.
4. There is no English requirement for all types of parent immigrant visas.
5. Applicants who have been granted permanent residence visas with parental contributions under the categories of 143 and 864 can only sponsor their spouses for immigration after 5 years from the date of visa issuance.