A new graduation season is coming. Most students who graduated in 2014 will have their student visas expire after September 9. If you do not meet the requirements for applying for PR, but want to stay in Australia, what preparations should the students do? This article explains in detail for you:

working visa

The 485 graduate work visa is currently divided into two branches:

1. TR 485 work visa: need to study immigration major and pass the corresponding professional assessment, the advantage is that there is no requirement for the length of study. The length of the visa is 18 months.

2. PSW 485 work visa: Students enrolled after 2012 can get a two-year work permit as long as they have completed two years of undergraduate or master's courses. The two years refers to two years of study instead of two years of degree. If your degree is a 2-year degree, you will eventually complete it in one and a half years by exempting classes or taking credits during winter and summer vacations, which does not meet the requirements of a 2-year full time study. Many students choose a 2-year master's program, but want to get a 2-year work permit. They can take a 2-year master's program after graduation, and use the previous 2-year degree to waive half a year of credits and read only half a year. Also meet the time requirement of 2 years. Due to the short holidays in July and August in Australia, graduates who have completed the exam in June, whether they are undergraduates or masters, must now quickly apply for new courses that start at the end of July. Now the Eighth University has been closing applications for semester1.5, and other schools also have time. Very compact!

The English requirement for the 485 work visa is 4 IELTS 6, which can be either A or G. In addition, the 485 work visa can only be applied for within half a year after graduation (subject to the graduation date on the graduation certificate). At the same time, the 485 visa is also a necessary visa for PY courses. This kind of visa is the easiest for students to obtain, but also the least expensive and most cost-effective visa.

New student visa

If you want to continue your studies or study another major after graduation, you need to start applying to the school after graduation to obtain a new COE and apply for a new student visa. This is the general way to renew your legal visa in Australia. It is also one of the ways we mentioned above to apply for another major in order to meet the PSW work permit requirements.

Here is a reminder to students. Except for the 573SVP (undergraduate and taught master) student visa, any student visa below this level requires a certificate of deposit, and the amount should be sufficient to cover the period of stay in Australia. Study and living expenses, so students who want to apply for this type of visa need to start preparing earlier.

Naati course

In fact, the visa provided by the Naati course is a 572 (Diploma) student visa. For those students who failed to successfully get the 4 6s of IELTS before the expiration of their student visas, they can extend their visas through the Naati translation course and continue to stay in Australia to take the IELTS test, and strive to reach 4 6s within half a year to apply for a 485 visa. The Naati course is helpful for English learning. At the same time, you can get 5 immigration points after successfully passing the Naati exam, which can kill two birds with one stone.

Tourist VISA

Tourist visas are generally not recommended because they have certain limitations. For example, some students apply for a tourist visa with a "No Further Stay" requirement. In this way, students who want to apply for a work visa or even a PR will not be able to complete this work in Australia. However, if the students are under heavy academic pressure and want to take a good look at the beautiful scenery of Australia after graduation, this visa is also a good choice.

Employer guarantee

The requirements for this type of visa are relatively high, and it is usually done through an intermediary, or if there are relatives in the family who have established a formal industry in Australia, it is not what ordinary students can apply for. But the benefits are also obvious. For students who are not studying immigration majors or who have difficulty collecting immigration points through skilled immigration, but want to obtain permanent residency status in Australia, this will be a good choice. The general requirement for employer sponsorship is Diploma or above, IELTS 4 and 5. Among them, non-remote areas need to pass a 2-year 457 work visa to transfer to PR, and remote areas can apply for PR directly (4 IELTS 6 is required).

World Wide Weblogo-40x402