"Chinatown"-Official media of Chinese Australians
Australia's new regulations
In 2015, new traffic regulations have been introduced, and many previously disapproving violations have now begun to deduct points! What's more serious is that the fines for various violations have also been increased. Friends need to drive carefully when traveling. The editor below takes you to take a look at the specific content of the new traffic regulations.
There are several situations in School Zone:
1. Violation of No Stopping/No Standing-$311 fine, 2 points deducted
Requirements: No parking is allowed at any time, unless there is an emergency.
2. Violation of No Parking-$173 fine and 2 points deducted
Requirements: The parking time cannot exceed 2 minutes or the time indicated on the sign, and the driver must be in the car or within three meters.
3. Violation of disabled parking regulations-a fine of $519 and 1 point deduction
4. Parking on the sidewalk-$415 fine, 2 points deducted
L, Red P, Green P fined $182 to $2400, with 5-7 points deducted
6. Parking violation in Loading Zone-$104 fine
7. BUS Zone, Children Crossing, human-shaped zebra crossing parking or parking near these places are also not allowed
Running a red light-$519 fine, 4 points deducted!
Mobile phone and other electronic products
Using electronic products while driving-$415 fine and 4 points deduction
Requirements: Neither the driver nor the co-pilot can use electronic products, but they can use a stand or Bluetooth.
PS: Do not touch the phone with your hands. For non-Full Licence friends, Bluetooth and cradle are not acceptable.
You don’t need to enter the turntable and just hit which direction you want to go. There are many situations:
1. Enter the turntable and go straight-turn left before exiting the turntable
2. Enter the turntable and turn right-turn on the right light first, turn left before exiting the turntable
3. Enter the turntable and turn left-keep turning left light
Tips: A careful friend will definitely find that as long as you turn on the left light before leaving the turntable, it will be OK
The above are all regulations and penalties in the School Zone. Although driving is cool, you must pay attention to driving safety and be responsible for yourself and others! Finally, I wish everyone can stay away from the ticket ~ standard driving
The article is reproduced from "Australian International Student Service Center"
[Welcome to the news to discuss cooperation! 】Editor-in-chief of "Chinatown" WeChat/QQ: 28771796