"Chinatown"-Official media of Chinese Australians

According to the "Daily Mail" report, the famous red tube Lucas Papaw Ointment (Papaw Ointment) is alleged to contain only 4% papaya ingredients, and the remaining 96% is petroleum jelly.

As the "heart treasure" of beauty lovers, almost every Australian woman carries 1 stick in her bag. According to a makeup artist recently, we have all been "played". Waller, a makeup artist from Melbourne, recently shared the news on Facebook, which attracted 1 likes and 7,500 reposts.

The headline of the message she released was: "This is why I would not use Lucas Universal Papaya Cream for my clients and myself." In the article, she claimed that the papaya cream is made of 96% Vaseline. Yes, it is not good for the skin. She wrote: "Vaseline is a by-product of the petroleum industry. It is a product of unprocessed petroleum that has been refined and processed."

"This is the cheapest way to make a moisturizer. (Vaseline) feels great when applied to the skin, but it's actually not good for the skin."

2B14F12D00000578-3184675-image-a-29_1438671534309-2

She pointed out that Vaseline actually builds a physical barrier on the skin to prevent water from entering or exiting, causing clogged pores and slowing the skin's ability to detoxify.

Although the ingredient list of papaya cream is clearly marked on the outer packaging, most Facebook users still expressed their shock when they saw the news. The content of fermented papaya is clearly stated on the outer packaging of (papaya paste), and a further detailed ingredient list is also given on the company's official website.

2B14E25200000578-3184675-image-a-27_1438670680313

What the makeup artist said seems quite reasonable, but if you analyze it carefully, you will find loopholes in his remarks:

One: The experience of Australian people using this universal papaya cream for many years has proved that the papaya cream can be used to effectively treat small areas of burns, scalds, sunburns, skin eczema, cuts, dermatitis, redness and swelling caused by mosquito bites. Obviously it is not possible to do this with Vaseline.

Second: The ingredient list of papaya paste has always been clearly marked on the outer packaging. The content of fermented papaya is clearly stated on the outer packaging of (papaya paste), and a further detailed ingredient list is also given on the company's official website (each gram of product contains 36 mg of fermented papaya and ensures safe use of petroleum jelly.The papaya cream uses pharmaceutical grade petroleum jelly, and strictly ensures the safety and quality of the used (Vaseline)). There is no deception or false report.

Third: Any finished product needs to have a reasonable composition mechanism. If the composition of Papaya Universal Ointment is 100% papaya, I am afraid that few people dare to apply it to the skin.

Fourth: This person is just a makeup artist, not a chemist. It is not very appropriate to criticize product ingredients.

So far: Do not rule out the deliberate malicious retaliation by competitors!

 

============================

[Welcome to the news to discuss cooperation! 】Editor-in-chief of "Chinatown" WeChat/QQ: 28771796

============================