It turns out that Australian beef should be eaten like this! The most comprehensive supermarket strategies and practices in history are here
"Chinatown" news.china.com.au-Official media of Chinese Australians
Australian beef has always been loved by people all over the world, and more and more people have deliberately chosen to buy beef imported from Australia as a treat. However, if you don’t understand that Australian beef is stewed directly, it is really a "violent thing"!
Today I will post an Australian beef knowledge post for everyone!
First, let’s take a lookAustralian beef grading standards:
Then, the overall structure of beef (meat) is like this:
In Australia, a cow's usually eaten part is divided into 9 parts, namely Chuck, Rib, Short Loin, Sirloin, Round, Brisket, Fore Shank, Short Plate and Flank.
Australians love steaks, but they still have to listen to the French when it comes to making steaks. This is because the names of all the parts of the cow are directly quoting French words and replaced with English pronunciation.
Each part of the meat has different cooking methods and characteristics:
The names and textures of each part of beef are arranged from top to bottom, from tender to old.
Each part can be divided into different categories,That is the common name in supermarkets!
Never be confused by a row of beef again!
Different parts of the meat also have different cooking methods, and of course they taste different! As soon as many people enter the western restaurant, they are stunned when they see the menu, what are the filet, sirloin, rib eye, T-bone... In fact, as I have briefly introduced before, all the names of these dishes refer to the parts of the steak.
Next, I will explain to you, a detailed introduction to the steak and how to make each part to be delicious!
Features: delicate and soft, tender and juicy
The legendary Philippine steak, the top fighter in the steak! Filet mignon steak is taken from the tenderest part of the sirloin. A bite is tender and juicy, with almost no fat. Because the meat is the most tender, the taste is the best when it is three to seven minutes old and melts in the mouth.
Sirloin steak Rumpsteak
T-bone steak is two sides of meat separated by bones. One side is filet and the other side is sirloin. This type of steak is loved by many Australians because you can taste soft filet and sirloin at the same time. It is recommended It can be cooked or grilled for 3-7 minutes! But if you can’t accept it, it’s also very fragrant when cooked.
Both T-bone steak and porterhouse steak are taken from the loin of a cow. T-bone cattle rank as they are, with a T-shaped bone on it. The porterhouse steak is taken from the back of the loin than the T-bone steak. Unlike the Porterhouse steak shown in the picture, most of the Porterhouse steaks we buy in supermarkets have no bones.
Rib's Eye Steak
Rib Eye steak (Rib Eye) is taken from the rib muscles between the 6th to 12th ribs of the beef rib spine. This meat may not be as tender as the loin, but because the rib eye is located, it is full The fragrant "bone-side meat" taste is chewier than sirloin, more fragrant than filet, and there is a lot of fat mixed in it. The red and white are very beautiful, like a beautiful marble. It is called marbled steak.
Rib-eye steaks are not more than half-ripe, and they are still relatively tender, but the best degree of maturity is still in the middle.
There are two parts of beefTab和HampeThese two pieces are rare in supermarkets, and they are usually reserved for restaurants by butcher shop owners.
Hampe is a piece of belly meat close to the inside of the beef thigh. This part is not directly used for frying steak. It is usually chopped up to make a minced meat steak, the kind that is sandwiched in a burger.
Seeing this, some people asked:
How cooked steak is suitable for Chinese taste?
Orchid Finger Identification Method:
* Raw:Extremely raw, the cooking time should not exceed 3 minutes. There are signs of grilling on the outside, but the inside is still cold and hardly heated, and blood seeps out when it is cut.
* Rare:The cooking time should not exceed 4 minutes. There are traces of scorching on the outside and the original red meat inside, but there is heat in the mouth, the meat is extremely tender and juicy.
* Medium Rare:Medium raw, fry time for 6-8 minutes. There are signs of grilling on the outside, and the inside has been fully heated, and you can feel quite hot.
* Medium:Slightly cooked, fried for 8-10 minutes. The outside is grilled in dark brown, but inside, except for the pink in the middle part, the outer part is brown in grilling. It takes a few bites to swallow.
* Well Done:Fully cooked, the time for frying is 12 to 15 minutes. There are obvious burn marks on the outside, and the heat has penetrated into the whole piece of meat. The flesh inside is dark brown due to high heating, and the meat is hard.
After eating, let’s start English teaching:
- Waist and abdomen Taste: tenderSuitable for fried pork, hot pot
T Bone… (Short loin) Tenderloin, outer spine (the back side of the chest and waist)
Strip loin (Short loin) Rib eye (Rib) Upper brain, outer spine (sirloin, chest back, slightly fat) Top Sirloin (Sirloin) Top Sirloin (Sirloin) , Near-waist rump)
Tir-tip (Sirloin) Three-way meat (pelvic anterior muscle, proximal leg) Hanger (Flank) sirloin (pectoralis abdominal muscle)
Flank, Skirt (Flank) sirloin, waist (lower abdominal muscles)
- Hind leg partTaste: older, thinSuitable: grilled, sauced, marinated
Sirloin tip (Round) hind leg, (thigh extensor muscle)
Eye round(Round) Hind leg, hammer meat (inner core of thigh)
Top Round(Round) Hind leg, bottom plate meat (thigh)
Bottom Round (Round) Hind legs, cucumber meat, tendon meat (thigh belly near the knee)
- Shoulder chest (front leg) part Taste: old quality, slightly fatSuitable: stewed, braised, sauce, stewed
7 Bone (Chuck) grilled, beef shoulder (shoulder)
Shouder(Chuck) grilled, beef shoulder (shoulder and arm)
- Elbow, chestTaste: very oldSuitable for: stew, braised, sauce, braised
Plate bow buckle, beef tendon, sirloin (upper abdominal muscle, thin)
Brisket breast, breast milk, beef tendon (breast meat, fat)
"Chinatown" Fb shares selected Australian news daily, allowing you to know the latest Australian fun, immigration, and life information anytime and anywhere:https://www.fb.com/news.china.com.au/
[Welcome to the news to discuss cooperation! 】WeChat subscription account: news-china-com-au