There have been conflicting media reports on this matter because the 38-year-old overseas returning traveler told The Age that he had been allowed to use fog twice during the quarantine period at the Holiday Inn in Melbourne Airport. A carburetor treats his asthma.
The man later tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, and the state health officials believe that the use of a nebulizer caused virus fragments to leak from his room, triggering a cluster of cases, which has now grown to 17 cases.
The man was angry at what the Victorian government had said about him, insisting that he had had a detailed conversation with a nurse and disclosed in the conversation that he was carrying a nebulizer device.
The man is receiving treatment for the new coronavirus in the hospital.After public denial by the government, he insisted that he disclosed that he had a physical illness when he entered the Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport in early February and used the device: "I told them that I had asthma and that I had respiratory diseases. , Especially when using the air conditioner for a long time.
"They asked me what medicine I took, and I gave them our medication record. I did say that I had a nebulizer and a spray liquid. They said we did not have a liquid, and asked me if I had enough liquid, and I said yes Yes. Then it's over.
"Rather than writing down detailed medical records, they are more interested in interacting with my 12-week-old baby."
However, COVID-19 Victorian Quarantine Service (CQV) chief Emma Cassar said that there is no historical record of reporting that a returning passenger brought an atomizer into the Holiday Inn.
"I can definitely say that there is no evidence in our review that he ever made this request to our health team or operations team," Ms. Cassar told reporters on Saturday.
The returning traveler with asthma said that he felt like a criminal after reading media reports about the outbreak.
Radio 3AW reported on Monday that the man asked Governor Daniel Andrews to apologize and said no one from the government had contacted him except Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton.
The radio played a recording from the man and changed the voice. The man said that he was surprised that no one contacted him to find out his explanation of the incident.
"I have seen Dan Andrews' comments, he said we have the gold standard for hotel quarantine in Victoria," he said.
"I think what really surprised me was the fact that no one from the Andrews government tried to contact me to find out what I said about this.
"I expect that under this gold standard, you will strive to obtain facts from every source, not just your own source.
"In the end, I really hope that the government can reach out to more people who pass the hotel quarantine program and continue to work hard to improve it so that more people can return to Australia in a safe way."
Ms. Cassar said on Saturday that the man "did not do anything wrong" and she felt sorry for the pressure this situation caused him.
"He did not lie; we did not make these accusations," she said. "But there is no evidence in our review that he raised this matter."
She said that returning passengers are required to declare medical equipment when they arrive at the hotel’s isolation area, but hotel staff are not allowed to inspect their luggage.
"This is a very regrettable incident... We have taken steps to ensure that this does not happen again," Ms. Cassar said.
On Monday, Governor Daniel Andrews said in an interview that he would not add any comments other than Ms. Cassar’s comments.
"This person is receiving the best care in a public hospital in Victoria. I wish him all the best, and I hope he can recover as soon as possible," he told reporters.
"I'm sure there will be many people who have talked to him about various things, and he is a positive case. Of course I have not talked to him, and I do not intend to start a debate on these issues. Apart from that, I have nothing else to add. ." — With Evin Priest, NCA Newswire
Click to view more real-time updates about today's epidemic
(The copyright of this article is owned by The Australian)
[Chinatown] Fb shares selected Australian news every day, so that you can know the latest Australian news at anytime and anywhere @Play、@Immigrant、@生活资讯: https://www.fb.com/news.China.com.au/
[Welcome to the news to discuss cooperation! 】WeChat subscription account: news-china-com-au